PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shooting on Royal Navy Sub
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2011, 09:45
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lookingnorth
Yes, let's concentrate on nit picking about whether a boat that protects a boat carrying nukes is part of the deterrent or not rather than the real issue that an entire sub can be taken out of service by Dixon of Dock Green.
I really cannot understand the point you are trying to make and it is not coming across very well at all.

I have explained very politely that this submarine is NOT taken out of service, it is still in commission and to the best of my knowledge is still fully operational.

You have made a statement that this vessel has been taken out of service so please 'put up, or shut up!' Please do not get me wrong, I am NOT being sarcastic, I am curious and need you to explain how the police could actually have this type of power! In my opinion you are just plain factually incorrect.

My sympathies are with the families of all those that have been effected by this unique incident and hopefully a one off!

I would guess that certain areas of this submarine will have to be thoroughly examined as an 'ounce' of lead hurtling around the interior of this highly complex piece of electronic equipment may well cause damage.

She has also very, very sadly lost two heads of department and these will need replacing at the earliest convenience

This thread has nothing to do with aircraft but for the information of those that might not be aware... these boats when turning at speed will actually bank just like our flying friends and these lean angles can be impressive. An emergency surface will also possibly see the bows well out of the water