PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 21:50
MrFrost81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For my first post I should start by thanking everyone on this site who has helped me thus far by sharing their experiences and knowledge.

Another attendee of the Prestwick April 8th stage 1 here.
Congrats to everyone who made it to the end of the day and best of luck with the rest of the process.
(Except for that one person I didn't like. No luck for you )

I personally found the Diagramming and Cube tests to be the easiest part of the day. Despite what was said at the start about nobody completing all of the questions I still managed to finish both papers without any guesses and time to spare. But, of course, I think the point of them saying that is to prevent anybody from panicing about how many they do. Getting them right is more important.
I could write some tips that help me if anyone is interested but I suspect it may be a case of 'some folk just find it easier than others'.
Since this is the first time in the course of this application that I've felt confident about how I've done it'll be even worse if I fail at this stage.

If all goes well then the next hurdle would be the online personality questionaire. In my scouring of this thread I found this statement:
If you have been asked to do a Personality questionaire, then you have made the minimum grade for the initial tests - Well Done! But beware, coz you can fail the PQ!

I had my stage 3 last week and we took the opportunity to ask HR about it. It seems to be that if you pass the initial tests by a wide margin, then its pretty much impossible to fail the PQ. However, if you only just make the grade, then it is quite easy to fail the PQ. As at this stage you don't know how you did, then you can't know how easy it is to fail on an individual level. Savvy?
I haven't found anything to corroborate this so if anyone has any info regarding this I'd love to hear it (with my personality I can use all the help I can get).

Good luck to everyone (at all stages).