PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it right time to build a career in flying for a middle class 12th pass like me?
Old 9th Apr 2011, 17:10
abhipuru16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it right time to build a career in flying for a middle class 12th pass like me?

I am interested in building my career in Aviation, I have recently given my class 12th Board Examinations whose results will be out in May I suppose.
Now, I wish to acquire a CPL(Commercial Pilot's License) to kick start a succesful career in flying.
Currently, I will be taking an appointment with a DGCA approved doctor for my Class II Medical Examination after which I shall be announced fit to pursue a CPL.

I wanted to know about the prospects of Civil Aviation in India.

What is the road towards CPL like?

Is it a rewarding career?

I have showed interest in the following Flying Clubs-

Chimes Aviation Academy
Carver Aviation Academy
IGRUA
Flytech Aviation
Indore Flying Club
Out of these Carver Aviation has gloriously mentioned its students' placements on their website here- Welcome to Carver Aviation
Are these Academies good enough to acquire a "strong" CPL and are they good when it comes to Placements?

Please help me in my quest to build a succesful Flying Career.

Then I saw this-Unemployed pilots form union, submit demands to govt - Times Of India

I am confused, is it the right time to start up a career as a pilot?

Or should I just follow my inclination towards Mechanical Engineering and pursue B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from a good college?