PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 12:14
ReleasePT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

Well, I really don't understand so many things that I read about this school. This is my first post at this forum, although I don't have any interest on posting this, I have the moral obligation to say a few words about this school.

Just to summarize what I've done before I went to Egnatia, I have completed in Portugal a integrated CPL with aptpl theory credits and with SEP and SE-IR ratings. I'm Portuguese and I'm 31 now.

I finished the CPL in 2009, as the situation was at the time and it still is, with thousands of pilots seeking for a job and also with my finances not very good I just decided to give up. As I'm a nurse I moved to Switzerland where salaries are interesting, but for these 2 years I always had in mind aviation and I just started to think that I couldn't just give up having come this far, at least I had to try and finish all.

So I saved some money, I renewed the ratings and I got a 1month non-paid license from the Swiss hospital I'm working for exclusively for this.

Before I chose the school I sent emails to every flight schools in Europe, until I came across Egnatia Aviation and Dimitris L. (Managing Director). I don't know for sure, but I think I sent him 30 emails or something like that, he was very patient with me I can tell you that. He always answered me very quickly and was always ready to assist in any doubts I could have.

I went there to do a MEP and ME/IR ratings. After being there I decided to do the MCC also. I can't find the exact words to describe them; I just can tell you that they are very very professional.

I paid 5500€ to do the MEP and ME/IR ratings. Very good price but it's even better when I tell you that it includes housing, transports, and final exam and examiner fees. To summarize, you only pay 5500€ for everything. Just tell me where in the world you can find this.

You have the chance to fly modern airplanes. They only have 4 years more or less. Even the Diamond's DA40 are now being replaced for Diamond's 40 NG equipped with Garmin 1000. The instructors are young but very experienced; my instructor has TR and experience on the citation and TR also on the Airbus. Other instructors have also TR on Boeing's, etc. The chief instructor is a former military pilot, a very experience pilot with thousands of hours in fighters like the mirage, etc etc (Respect).

I was anxious and nervous when I started because I only had 5 hours or so of flying in the last 2 years. I was going to a different country, different culture, different instructors, and different airports. Now I can conclude that it all went very well thanks to them. I can only recommend them. If it was now, I would do all my training with them.

Good luck for everyone at Egnatia Aviation. I hope I see you soon Dimitris but not for the revalidation.

T.C.