PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 01:32
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CONF iture
The point on QF72 is that that airplane decided to do something on its own and on which the crew had absolutely no control.
On the other hand, the fact that such incident happened only twice in the very same aircraft, as well as during the same flight, and that hundreds of other A330 flew safely many millions hours without ever experiencing it would give all the statistical depth necessary to conclude that this incident was obviously related to this particular aircraft and/or flight.

Unless thrust changes become excessive, it is not an Airbus request to disconnect A/THR for turbulence.
Unless I'm wrong, capitains are supposed to act like their Company is asking them to do by applying their Company published procedures.
Then, specific Air France procedure for A330 would ask for a speed reduced to M 0.80 and A/THR disconnected if an expected turbulence zone would be crossed. I don't think that they are different from Airbus ones in that respect.
Consequently, either this crew wasn't expecting any turbulence at all up to this point, either nobody was seriously looking at the weather radar.

I can only encourage people to read these guys too and evaluate if they qualify for the name of nuts ...
There is plenty of books published about the sociology of the rumor spreadings. Maybe you should try to read one and avoid to make a fool of yourself.

There was three official and independant "commission d'enquête", all made in order to convince the people from Abbeville that the flooding of the Somme area in May-June 2001 was not decided by the governement in Paris for protecting the capital from being flooded (even if the bassin of the Seine can't be pumped and deversed into the Somme). Nonetheless, most people from Abbeville are still believing the later today.

Last edited by takata; 9th Apr 2011 at 01:52.