PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle jet line training
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2011, 01:21
Rubis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actual line training by Air Carriers is proceeded by a ground school and simulator / fixed based training that meets a specific countries requirements. I.E. USA / FAA an approved part 142 school or training facility and program approved by FAA for part 135/121/125 carrier.

Stephan is "whoring" the line training concept for monetary gain and you are the one getting hosed, plus paying for it. IF...you make it through the 500 hour program, you are surely going to retain some basic knowledge of what goes on during actual line operations. However, did you get the training you would have normally got if you were hired by an air carrier as a flight officer?

The airline has no reason or commitment to do so. The have a sucker that was stupid enough to pay to ride in the right seat. Granted, there are a few line training officers and capt's that will attempt to help you out, but there are probably a lot more that are asking thereseves...why do I have let this greasy- haired, smartass- punk put my license in jeopardy. Think about it, as a line capt, I come to work to do my job and go home. I'm not paid to instruct, I'm not paid to get extra training so I can protect myself from whatever this ******** pulls. I'm just paid to fly the airplane.

So Stephan has made a deal with airline management to help cut their cost by a pilot that pays to fly...that's good for them. But it's not good for me. I have to work harder and don't get paid anymore for doing it. Basically, I'm getting hosed by the program you paid for and you want me to help you out at my own expense. Ain't going happen bucko.