PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 22:42
HarryMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at these assumptions I tend to assume there was some kind of course reversal, maybe unvoluntarily due to e.g. a massive wing drop ending up in opposite direction after recovery, maybe followed by a second upset this time losing it for good.
Unfortunately it really takes some creativity to get the plane to a point that close to LKP after a 5 minute struggle. Occam's razor seems to be off for vacation.
This is the sort of event chain that I seem to keep envisaging... Maybe because I've had a wing-drop stall (tip drag-stall, close to the ground), that having recovered, led (almost inevitably) to a repeat, and subsequent ground impact.

I find it strange that we are questioning the aircraft's return to near LKP, when we really have little or no idea of its flight path other than a mass and assumed vector at 02:10

I also view the seeming obsession with undercarriage position somewhat premature. Having postulated this (down position) and looked at any consequences in a few dozen posts, surely, there are then many more important preparations to be made for handling the information which is inevitably soon to be discovered and the ramifications it will have?