PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 22:11
DollarBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every flight I have done with EI over the past couple of years has been late, sometimes very late and the lack of any sense of urgency on the part of the crew to make up lost time is maddening.

I would counter that with the logic that why would the crew WANT to be late. They are human and I can assure you want to get home on time too. As was remarked during the cabin crew dispute they would prefer to skip their permitted break to get home on time. You refer to the crew sense of urgency, do you want them to be flapping about when there may be nothing they can do to affect the delay? (EG. baggage loading, ATC slot, tech)

A problem that EI are encountering now is that they got used to having 40 mins turnaround out of DUB using Pier A/D with 2 sets of steps. Now in T2 they are back to jetbridge with single door which causes a slower boarding process but the scheduling/Operations mgmt haven't changed the rotation times.
Getting 150+ pax off, an A320 cleaned and fuelled while another 150+ board is pretty difficult to do with a single door in under 40 mins. The EI pax aren't 'incentivised' to board quickly as the FR pax are.