View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2002, 17:30
I. M. Esperto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this via e-mail:

Mile high club bonk to bits

Romper room ... passengers used baby changing rooms on Virgin Airbus for romps

By PAUL CROSBIE

VIRGIN'S latest airliner is being revamped after randy passengers discovered a tiny cabin was just the place to join the Mile High Club.

The £130million Airbus 340-600 is fitted with a 5ft x 4ft mother and baby room with a plastic table meant for changing nappies.

But couples keep wrecking it by sneaking in for a quick bonk.

Virgin has replaced the table several times even though the plane only came into service a few weeks ago.

It is named Claudia Nine after sexy model Claudia Schiffer, 32, who launched it in July.

Now Virgin bosses have asked Airbus to build a stronger table.

At first, German engineers responsible for the jet's interior were baffled by the problem.

The table is designed to take the weight of a mum and baby.

One Airbus worker said: "We couldn't work it out. Then the penny dropped. It didn't occur to the Germans that this might happen. It caused great amusement."

The firm say the cost of strengthening the tables will be about £200.

A Virgin spokeswoman said: "Those determined to join the Mile High Club will do so despite the lack of comforts.

"We don't mind couples having a good time but this is not something that we would encourage because of air regulations."

The new Airbus is the world's longest airliner, with teasing slogan "Mine is bigger than yours". Virgin is using it on flights to the Far East and the US.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got our B-767 simulator training at a facility near Gatwick.