PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA advertise for a new General Secretary - pilots need not apply?
Old 17th Sep 2002, 16:50
Atropos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fappless,

I can assure you that I belong to the large community of BA pilots that don't care where the next BALPA GS comes from as long as he is effective, not in the Government's and company managements hands and protects all of our interests.

I find it quite insulting that someone like yourself who obviously doesn't know many BA flightcrew lumps us all, and that's 3500 of us, in a very narrow minded category and doesn't credit us with a shred of understanding for the FC community at large. Personally I've worked for Streamline, JEA and run my own aerial photography comapany, I wanted CD out, I also believe that what has been achieved will benefit us all in the entire aviation community. The sooner we stop whingeing about each other and confront the larger issues such as jobs for overseas pilots when none of us could get jobs in their countries, the sooner all of our situations will improve.

Save your enegy for REAL issues. I hope you will be grateful to John F for having the guts to get off his arse and unseat CD. If I'm wrong I'll be prepared to admit it but until then I believe we will ALL be better off.

I'm sure you are a great person!