PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easa Flight Time Limitations Changes
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2011, 09:53
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloody hell , look at the einstein look alike french guy who represents EASA , involved in proposing the new rules!!!!! Clearly never set foot on an aircraft in his life. Just a Buraucrat , hippy .

What needs to be considered by the various organisations fighting this is the strategy of modern regulators. One must realise that their client is the Airline Industry and not the general public . I suspect there will be a slight reversal / compromise , however this is the exact tactic they set out to achieve. Let me put it this way , what is really needed to enhance safety is a reduction in the existing flight time limitations. This has fiancial ramifications. So here is the sollution as a regulator , propose new regulation that is far more dammaging , then compromise therebye gaining brownie points for appearing to be doing the correct thing. however the compromise is still worse than what is required. Airlines are happy as they get slightly more productivity , the press coverage talks about a reversal of policy ( so they get some positive press as government) , heck some of the organisations fighting it even get some credibility for taking them on. Whereas in reality the crews and the general public are far more at risk than before. To all those unions / organisations fighting this . You must make no comporomises , the goal is clear, an improvement to current FTL's is the only sollution. Fatigue is serious.

Sadly I know more accidents are in the pipeline , and they will always sideline fatigue as a factor. Good luck to all fighting this.