PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2011, 22:26
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Erm... I think you'll find that Lizanne Malone has had a seat on the Unite Exec council for a number of years. As far as Holley and Everard go, once the positions of chair, branch secretary and reps on the BASSA executve are filled, it will be interesting to see if there is a shake up at BASSA HQ. I'd suggest that a new crowd might wish to put clear blue water betwixt themselves and the BASSA Old Guard, if for no better reason than to stand a chance to recruit new members.

One thing that strikes me as a major flaw has been the apparent lack of succession planning. The BASSA exec must have known that its two leading members were due for retirement this year, yet there seems to have been a total absence of grooming replacements, unless of course the replacements were seen to be people who have since been sacked by BA. Net result is that it is entirely possible that people totally unconnected with the current bunch will stand and get elected. They may be somewhat dismayed at the state of the branch records and could conduct a purge of those who were responsible - a cleaning of the stables job.