PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2011, 19:29
Saint Gallen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand baggage rules

I too received the e-mail about hand baggage. I don't think it's a question of not abiding by the rules. I have no problem with that whatsoever. I have worked in aviation long enough. What I think here is a case of stable doors and horses. People, me included, have been playing with the rules for a long time. And now this is going to cause delays, stress, arguments, fights even, at the gate. I know. It happened recently on the way back from Malaga, when a young guy was asked to put his case in the measuring apparatus. He had to really stuff it in and then could not get it out!!!! Not sure whether he made the flight or not!
What I think is ridiculous is that my lap top is smaller than some peoples coats (or "overcoats" - I think their dictionary needs updating) and/or a bag full of duty free. I dont put it in a laptop bag I carry it in my hand. Now I am going to have to put it in my case, and then get it out on the aircraft before putting the case in the overhead bins, so delaying other pax who want to sit down. Contrary to what EZY say is the reason for doing this. In summer I probably dont have a coat so I am actually less of a problem than someone laptopless in winter with a big coat. Lap top bags yes again not a problem, They do take up space. And while I'm rattling on, why penalise women's (and, increasingly, men's) handbags as long as they are a reasonable size - again specifiy dimensions. We could argue for hours about what and what not to take but I think this is just another bad publicity day for the low cost operators. What was needed here was some common sense and as we all know in the aviation world that doesn't always happen! Remember EZY, you need your customers to survive. Stop making an already annoying experience worse.