PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lawsuit vs. NTSB: $1.276 million damages to widow
Old 17th Sep 2002, 13:08
Bluey Zarseoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Hoverman, something's not quite right here. It sounds like (from what is posted here) that there may have been a breakdown in communication and sound CRM procedures. I'm not disputing that the SIC's ADI may have been U/S at the time but at 22 08 05 he stated that, "ok I think my gyro just quit".
At 2208:10, the SIC asked, 'you have the controls?' There was no acknowledgement from the PIC.
What’s wrong with this picture?
Well to start with the words are a statement but are asked as a question, so, my question is, who now is flying the aircraft?

At 2208:18, the PIC stated, 'right hand turn.....right hand turn.' There was no acknowledgement from the SIC.
So, was he (the PIC) saying, "commence a right hand turn", or was he saying, "your in a right hand turn"?

I don't mean to detract from the judgment made in court but I do mean to highlight the importance of clear cross-cockpit communications in modern two crew operating environments.

Bluey