PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2011, 03:05
lost&found

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jumping the gun

lets say that I am trough the selection process and the hole thing, passed the CPP and working as a SO for CX. All the SO's are based in Hong Kong. Worked as a SO for 4 years and being promoted to FO, can I then go back to Europe, and take an European base? Lets say LHR, is it a possibility?
again, what is it with you guys... you havent even got a job and are wondering about where you are going to live. i thought you REALLY wanted to fly a big shiny jet, thats why you have applied to CX at the grand old age of 18 - with years of life experience. If you really want to work for CX, a HK company, expect to live in HK. hold the phone..... shouldnt you be worrying about trying to pass the interview first????!

Captain Weird, you are in a long line of the desperate.... what do they say...? beggars can't be choosers... if you want to fly for CX, on these low conditions, dont expect to be able to "survive" 4 years as an SO and then be able to pick and choose where you want to go. you are going to be flying long haul, out of HK for the next 30 years! Get used to it. If you are lucky enough, you may one day be offered a base, but dont count your chickens! Just enjoy the ride.