PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 22:21
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when bmibaby will release winter 11/12 seats from all bases (and BHD?) and if there will actually be anything at all on the cards for CWL and/or any potential new routes, i.e. the rumoured Canary Islands?
They desperately need extra aircraft to keep up with the market! If the 2 ex-TOM aircraft joining the fleet (though not increasing fleet numbers) are kept with the current engine thrust setting then they could potentially trial out new routes such as the Canaries. This of course does not mean that non of the other aircraft in the fleet couldn't have the engine thrust setting increased (I believe its just computer and paper work business but costs money?). The reason I say for them to trial it, is that someone mentioned on here before the reason why bmibaby have stated in the past why they have not yet operated such longer routes. Apparently they say such routes should be operated with larger aircraft than the 733, obviously with less seats to fill the cost of the ticket would need to be much higher than on say a 738 just to cover costs in the first place, economics etc etc...

In other news, three of the baby 737s are to have additional checks/inspections as outlined by Boeing: BBC News - Bmibaby carrying out 'additional' checks on Boeing 737s

Shame they couldn't have had easyJet's ex737-700s, especially that lone one at Kemble