PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Aviation Vacancy Information
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 21:25
sharansiddharth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have an ATPL and I did go knocking at many doors .

Eventhough I have 1275 hours , I do not have an ATPL and I do not feel the need for it as of now.

Why ?

1. ATPL is not issued untill an unless you have atleast 1500 of total time with atleast 1000 hours PIC ( 50 percent of Copilot hours can be considered as PIC hours for the issue of ATPL. Multi engine Endorsement is also helpful if your aim is to join an airline.

2. Most of the corporate houses in India have aircrafts below 5700 kgs . AND to be a COMMANDER on these aircrafts you do not need an ATPL.

3. Even if a company has a heavier aircraft ( above 5700 kg) one can be hired as a copilot if you have CPL and later when you fulfill stipulated number of hours get an ATPL .

4. There are many Pros and Cons of being a Holder of ATPL e.g. I am 32 so I have Class ONE Medicals only once an year . If I would have had an ATPL , then I had to undergo medical every six months.

I would agree with the fact that if you want a job , then you have to go knocking at the doors of desired employer.

I have not yet signed any written contact with ventura airconnect. Maybe because they have not been able to import the aircraft till date. Or in the worst case scenario , they want to hire an even more experienced Pilot Indian / Expat.

My only aim was to bring attention for Pilots of this Forum about the methods I am following and take advise or help of an altruistic person to increase our chances of getting hired .

I have worked for three companies and let me tell you I was lucky to get job in three companies . None of them came easy . Sitting at home will not get you a job , you have to get out of your comfort zone and make your presence felt wherever you find an oppurtunity.