PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach Climb Gradient vs EOSID
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 20:42
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlightPathOBN:

In regards to the charts, I actually like to see the radius on the turn, I feel this may help the crew if there are winds to deal with.
I don't see how knowing the radius of an RF leg would help the crew at all with winds. As you know, the wind assumptions required by the 8260.52 are very conservative; so much so SWA has used historical winds at some locations in order to obtain slight smaller radii. With a bit of practice an RF leg is easy to fly, even with a significant wind component. Further, if the RNP value for the final segment is less than 0.30, many operators gain approval based on roll-steering auto-flight or, at least, roll-steering flight director.

Finally, the radius of turn is on the FMS legs page. Most RNP AR crews refer to the legs page more than the chart once the IAP is underway.

(at least they gave the some decent waypoint names, not like FUGOV MORON)
I don't know anything about FUGOV but the fix called MORON was called Morongo for many years, after the Native Americans of the area.

...how is the FAA handling the EO procedures...just making each carrier submit their own for review?
I don't know. That is beyond the scope of work I do. When I flew for a major airline and did some ALPA safety work there, I had the impression that no one at the FAA looked at the company's OEI procedures, such as they were. But, that was a long time ago.