PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca V Crash
Thread: Seneca V Crash
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 18:45
goldeneaglepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Truth Prevails, It seems from your statement that you were also conned by Weaver, what I cant get my head round though is your speaking for (or are) the ferry company contracted to have moved the Seneca. By virtue of the fact that you are a ferry company, who claim to have experience, would be familiar with the licence requirements for such a job.

As a company you must have been aware of the need for a ME/IR for the route taken, yet claim that you sub contracted the Job to Weaver - a simple check on the FAA Airman's database would have shown you that Weaver only held a single/IR. Did Weaver show you an FAA Licence with ME/IR in it? As a company did you apply due diligence and check it against the Airmans Database? With the anominaly did you check with the FAA?

Sadly the second pilot (who just happened to have filled in the paperwork as P1) was needed to make the flight legal. I have read elsewhere that the insurance company knew of the two pilots. Your posts strongly suggest that this was no surprise to your company.

I am sorry to say, but sitting on the fence it would seem that your ferry company are at best guilty of not having done due diligence and at worst are implicated by your own actions of conspiracy with Weaver. You have put up a strong fight to distance yourself from all of this (and by doing so have made it worse for yourself). However, it has happened and in my book the best way to avoid anyone having thoughts of possible conspiracy with Weaver is to be open and honest, tell people what has happened truthfully and openly, if necessary make public your proof of defence in your own actions (a copy of the Licence produced to get the flight underwritten by the insurers would help stop any doubt).

Your statement frankly, has made things worse for your company, The old saying, when in a hole, stop digging comes to mind.