PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 6th Apr 2011, 18:24
BigDaddyBoxMeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some union members working for NSL had a circular last week regarding "conditions" attached to a pay deal. For conditions read ATCOs doing Met obs.

The briefing from the branch chair basically stated that the company still want to put an offer on the table that would involve the members accepting the extra responsibilities. Up until now the BEC has had the mandate that the pay deal should just be that - and that they will not accept anything that involves such significant changes to the way we work - a pay deal is a pay deal.

This circular was asking the membership if this is still the way they feel, stating that if it was the union would take this line, however it would make forward negotiations very difficult (for the entire company pay rise). They were asking for members views back, via reps, for a branch meeting some time this week. I assume nothing will move on a pay deal until that union meeting takes place.

Reading between the lines, there is an improved offer, it involves NSL accepting Met Obs, and the union are coming round to this idea and want to know if the NSL membership would accept. Despite their previous statements that they will reject such offers out of hand.

Still keeping my powder dry, will probably use it for a big firework display on my retirement, doubt I'll need it before then