PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach Climb Gradient vs EOSID
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 17:57
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FtlopsOBN:

I am curious about the SAV plate, was this the eval procedure for Jepp with the FAA? as BDL was with Naverus?
I believe so, but I do not know that with certainty.

I am with the other guy, why state RF? This is AR, so the users should understand the plate.
Because a fairly large PARC working group was formed to establish RNP AR charting specifications for the United States. That was one of many specs that came out of several meetings.

Do you know of anyone who has an OpSpec for less than .3RNP. Perhaps Fedex and Alaska, but I dont know of too many carriers that even have an RNP OpSpec, let alone a .15....
With the present fleet of Boeing transports that can do RNP AR, the smallest value that can be approved is 0.11. I am sure at least CAL, Alaska, DAL, and AAL have approval to 0.11. Horizon (Alaska's commuter carrier) can do 0.30, and may be working for lower in aircraft equipped with a single IRU.

Some models of the Gulfstream are approved for RNP 0.10 provided the airframe has the latest mods and the crew has the training, and has completed the required number of practice approaches or approaches to 0.30 minimums. One of the members of our committee works for a G550 operator with 0.10 approval. The Falcon 900EX is either approved for 0.10 or soon will be.

The U.S. operators who fly into Quito are now using two hybrid RNP AR IAPs that require 0.15.