PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2011, 16:54
MPN11

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
Or, indeed, should we be discussing possible BA tactics on a Public forum?

Taking all today's posts on board, both here on the CC Thread, there's certainly a lot more to the issue than simply how many people placed "X" in the box [or a tick, or initials, whatever ... I've seen so many of those].

Some will definitely go on strike ... for political reasons. Maybe 500?
Some will definitely go on strike ... out of vindictiveness. Maybe 1,000?
Some may go on strike ... if they're rostered, unless they need/want the money.
Some won't go on strike ... they just wanted to send a message

Out of the 5,800 who managed to vote on a nebulous question, with minimal information about the issue and the potential consequences ... how many are actually going to do it on the occasional day they're rostered?
Can't do it down-route, as I understand it: so that's a load of the "Reps" off the hook
Can't strike, 'cos I've suddenly got a really bad cold but I'll be OK in a day or two. Awww - Diddums

How does anyone think BA assures people that 100% of Long-Haul, etc etc is going to happen unless they have a VERY good idea what they have to cover with VCC? That's not "aircraft parked at Shannon and Cardiff", that's the reality of being a plc and having to be up front. They will fly the schedules.

Strikes? Bah and humbug.
The only real losers will be those who lose pay from posturing.
BA will prove, yet again, that they can operate under these circumstances ... if they ever happen.

See you at LHR at the end of the month, with a smile on my face and a Boarding Pass in my hand