PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about entry into Reversal Procedure
Old 6th Apr 2011, 05:43
theficklefinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what are you saying? That a plane can't fly over a VOR at 10k, isn't that the original assertion? That a plane can't try to take the approach from high and circle down on a hold and shoot an approach?

As far a shooting an emergency approach into ONT or somewhere else in the area, sure why not, but I posit that after I departed IFR out of POC, and now find myself right over POM VOR wanting a quick fast IFR approach, I personally would consider flipping over the airport diagram for the ILSPOC instead of trying to dig through my charts, get ONT weather, find out what is available, start changing frequencies, and getting set up on a new airport, all the while as you just lost an engine and the boss is dying in the back.

Might just be easier to zip back to POC, when I know what's going on, the one I departed from.

Well your certainly free to take your boss in the back where you choose, and feel free as your dumping 6k a minute into a new airport full of unknowns, to be flipping through charts and get set up for a new airport.

Me, I think I am going for the easiest, safest choice, with the least workload.

Hey if your the captain, it's your choice. Me, I am the captain and it's mine.

And you know, it's like this, everyone has an opinion, but what actually works is what counts.