PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done CAS
Thread: Well done CAS
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 22:36
ShortFatOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airsound

yes, it is. Unfortunately, for many of us, it's way too late. Our aircraft have been shredded, our station is being dismantled around our ears and our role has been dismissed as suddenly irrelevant. Our past endeavours have been ignored in favour of cheap political gains today, our commitment and dedication have been rewarded with redundancy, or even worse, the silent threat of not being made redundant!

I attended 42R Sqn's 95th (and probably final) Anniversary this weekend and watched senior (and some not so senior) officers crying, and yes, I was one of those who , as opposed to being a senior officer!

I felt immensely proud to have been part of the fleet for 20 years, worked with some of the finest professional aircrew and groundcrew I have ever had the pleasure of working with and was suitably moved by the sight of the Sqn standard being marched out of a dining-in night for the last time.

A big thank you to all on the team who organized an outstanding weekend of dignified celebration, commemoration and remembrance of an outstanding Sqn.

The answer is always 42.

Fortiter In Re