PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 20:42
BluffOldSeaDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I don't know about anybody else but I've never had a disruption I've been able to refuse. Even the way the company defines disruption is at odds with what the SA is trying to achieve ie a work/life balance. Did anybody else know that crewing's definition of disruption is based around the payment, if no payment is given how can somebody have been disrupted. With 2 hour protection on the day before a duty crewing won't disrupt the next day's duty because it would cost them a payment, but with the 4 hour privilege the SA provides crewing a phone call at 4am on the day of the duty (which I would consider VERY disruptive) costs them nothing

Another thing is the placing of AStby in a scatter-gun way after any early duty, completely circumventing the spirit (now there's a laughable phrase) of the SA, once again provides the company with maximum flexibility and the crew member minimum protection

At the beginning of this mess the Balpa council proposed a "clean slate" and a complete re-write of the SA, the company procrastinated over this wanting mirror rosters to be run to show it's viability but the company demanded that the agreed 2 base study be extended company wide at the last minute, which Balpa had to withdraw from due to lack of man-power