PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE National Bonds
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:39
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alconguin Crusader

You must have a different contract to most of us then.

Firstly, nothing in my contract mentions an increment. I agree that it's disgraceful we haven't had one for the last two years, but a 'contractual' item it is not. EK does not even publish the pay scales anymore.

Secondly, despite there being a 'cap' placed on utilities, not one person in Company accommodation has had to pay a single dirham towards their utilities. So, unless I'm sadly mistaken, EK does still pay for gas, electricity and water.

As for the last point, how can you say that they have broken your contract over profit share when nothings been announced yet. That's the sort of rubbish sittingidly would come out with.

The only part of your post which I agree with you on is the first. Assuming it's your ALT to which you refer, yes, it's piss poor that the destination has been changed. That's extra costs for you and when the Company makes such large profits each year, it's no wonder it sticks in your throat.

Come to think of it, I actually agree with something else. You're right, it is the best flying job I have had, at least in terms of destinations, aircraft, salary and overall package. And, unless a miracle occurs, is likely to remain that way until I retire. As it will for several thousand other satisfied pilots no doubt.

The ultimate problem for most of the usual whingers, if they're totally honest, is that many have difficulty in differentiating between EK as a Company and life in Dubai. Failed marriages, poor investments, currency fluctuations, and so it goes on. For those of us without these burdens, Emirates is good because, generally, life is good. It's got bugger all to do with Kool Aid.

What really baffles me, however, is that if you really do believe we drink that stuff to make us happy, why don't you?

Last edited by BYMONEK; 5th Apr 2011 at 18:12.