PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP revalidation question
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:03
bravobravo74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEP revalidation question

Hi all,

My recently-issued CPL came with a new Certificate of Revalidation, displayed on which is the SEP class rating entry (valid 24 months from the date of my CPL skills test). I am somewhat confused by the inclusion of my (now CPL) licence number on this C of R, especially as my FRTL, for example, only contains my CAA reference number.

Were I to revalidate my SEP class rating by means of a proficiency check would there be, on the basis that once signed off I'd be eligable to exercise the privileges of a CPL holder rather than a PPL holder in a SEP aeroplane, any effect on:

a) the qualifications required by the the instructor/examiner conducting the check, or
b) the parameters being evaluated during the check, or
c) the complexity of the aeroplane in which the check is performed?

I've read Section F of LASORS 2010 and the impression that I get from this is that the licence that the C of R relates to is irrelevant as the procedure for revalidating a class rating applies regardless. This would suggest that the inclusion of the licence number on the C of R is insignificant.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could remove the ambiguity on this matter for me.

Many thanks.