PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay and Cadet "Bonding"
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2011, 07:46
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go to the other "I'm Naive iCadet" based threads none of the answers will matter. Look at the numbers applying BEFORE this was offered, let alone even knowing the answers to these questions anyway. These kids would still do it for less anyway, hell for free if they thought it would get them into the pants of a jet. They call it "dedicated" and "passionate"....just like a 6 year old is about joining the circus. One child posted that we should all understand his position and appreciate that he is willing to "take one for the team" and "we all have to start somewhere" just like we ("you") all did, and "Can anyone tell me where other cadetships are that I may apply to?". Steam came from my ears. No, I never sold out on myself, colleagues or future you arrogant prat. Want me to write out the application for you, sit the interview for you, or hold your hand as we go onto a thing called the "tarmac"? I worked my arse off, studied my arse off, accumulated more than a few thousand hrs in RHS and LHS of light singles, twins and turboprops in the "hope" of making the grade that CX [then] demanded, only to be told 3 years later a kid will do it for 60% less and with zero flying experience. Didn't reply on that thread as computers don't permit virtual slapping about the forehead. Plus, this comment is more tame than the one I would like to have written.

Others state that the iCadet path is better than FO on a commuter jet in the States or Capt on a ATR in Europe. And, it perhaps it is SHORT TERM. BUT... will the FO RJ job or Capt ATR lead you to better things, better income, better career over 5+ years, going to 20+ years? I dare say it would over a P2X rating and building zero real hours for 3 to 5, maybe 7 years. These guys look short term, not long term and the realities of the decision such as living expenses, family, kids, education, retirement, etc. They look at the smiley offer, not the recent past history of CX's immoral and devious management practices. If it quacks like a duck.....?

Sort of like a $USD 20 cover charge that gives you a "free drink". A free drink you say!!??

This offer & entire situation reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Bart keeps going for the electrified cupcake......

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 5th Apr 2011 at 08:59.