PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 Engine and Rotor RPM Overspeed(past red line) - Help!
Old 5th Apr 2011, 04:52
ifresh21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I called the school like the day after the "well call you back" call. I talked to my real instructor who is beast and most experienced at the school. He was like I heard you had an overspeed? He is like ok well we grounded the aircraft. He sounded like he knew his shiz he was talking about removing the rotors and checking spindles and stuff.

He didn't even ask what happened - he said wed talk about that later after he talked to instructor... I was away without cell service so i haven't talked to him since. Im hoping they did a full maintenance and everything. I will talk to him today - any questions I should ask?(about the maintenance etc.) Hopefully the instructor explained that it was an engine overspeed also. That does require additional maintenance, right?

Thank you again everyone - I will keep you guys updated

choppperchappie: It wasn't panic at all, I was calm the whole time. I just did what the book says - that is all. I didn't do it perfectly either - there was a big pause. If it was real I prly would have stalled it lol. Thank god he was smart enough not to do a throttle chop.

We were on final parrallel to a runway over grass.

We talked about the flight generally before hand. He was good to take the time to do that. But in no way shape or form did he mention a low rpm warning test lol. We also did 180 autos for my first time and we didn't discuss those before though. So yea we talked but he missed a few things

Last edited by ifresh21; 5th Apr 2011 at 17:46.