PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute dropping
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 21:13
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He mentioned a dead stick landing with 18,000ft to plan it. This was about taking a key out of a plane, caravans don't have keys other than for the doors.
You are confused. Post 18 specifically references a Caravan, actually. Read!

That particular thread was a response to your statement that you intend to "beat the ****" out of clients at the drop zone. It was also a response to your name-calling (something contrary to the rules of this site, incidentally).

I said nothing about a Cessna 206.

Cessna 182's and 206's don't go to 18,000 with jumpers. They go to 16,000'.

A dead stick landing from 16,000 directly over the runway isn't exactly rocket science, any more than one from 18,000.'

I have never seen or jumped a 210 jump plane.
I know that.

All I am is amazed that you think it is ok to stall a plane intentionally when there is someone outside it.
How about with people inside? Is there really much of a difference?

It's not uncommon during jumps to stop the propeller, too. You've obviously never seen that, either.

You seem amazed by a lot of things that are routinely done at drop zones around the globe. A little too amazed to have any experience with jumping or flying jumpers.

I stand by my dk head remark as you think it is ok to risk the lives of jumpers by showing off and stalling a plane with them on the outside, they may not know any better but as a commercial pilot you should.
If you say you made a "dk head remark," then I won't argue with you; you know best. You really can't make a post without name-calling or referencing violence, can you? Even if it's calling yourself a name. Why is that?

No one said anything about showing off.

Quite a few of the jumpers I've flown, incidentally, are commercial pilots.