PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 4th Apr 2011, 20:43
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Creampuff:

So Sunny,

CAR 206 (and its predecessor in the ANRs) slipped under the radar, and no federal politician has ever turned their mind to the problems it causes.

No federal politician has ever had a letter written to them about the problems CAR 206 causes, no one’s ever complained to the Ombudsman about the problems it causes, no report made to parliament has ever referred to it, no court or AAT decision has every turned on it, and no parliamentary committee has ever been made aware of it.

CAR 206 continues to say what it says, ad nauseum, because there’s no real pressure from the organ grinders to change it.

Arguing with and attributing blame to the CASA monkey is pointless. That’s precisely the reason the organ grinders set up CASA.

That again is simply untrue Creamy. I have explained years ago on this forum exactly what happens when you write a letter to the Minister about CASA. The Minister does not respond to the complaint, CASA does.

- The Minister hands the letter to CASA and it goes right down the chain of command to the person responsible for the alleged action (or inaction) who writes the reply.

Naturally the reply tells CASA side of the story, and any arse covering required is also performed at this time. This arse covering, if severe bruising is inflicted, may involve an interview with the accusing party.

The writer also supplies the Minister with a covering brief explaining their reply, detailing any corrective action taken (or not taken) and recommending the Minister sign the letter. A copy of the brief, your letter and the Ministers reply are placed in your file at CASA and you are now officially branded as a "troublemaker".

..And I speak from experience in this matter as I've answered letters to the Premiere of Victoria and Ministers myself, as have many other public servants.

Please stop this rubbish that CASA is merely channelling the wishes of our elected representatives. All that Politicians know of aviation is the location of the Chairman's lounge, how to buckle a seatbelt and how to work the in-flight entertainment.