PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute dropping
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:31
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pulling the cutaway is the same, don't you understand what I mean, you only have one chance, dead stick or reserve. Are you really that dumb that you don't see what I am talking about?
You're talking stupidly.

A cutaway handle is an emergency device used to separate a main canopy's risers from the container. Using the cutaway handle on a pack-closure creates a potentially very unsafe situation which could foul the reserve on deployment, and may compromise the other canopy.

Canopy transfers and intentional cutaways are done all the time; you seem to be amazed at the concept of having only a reserve in free-fall. That's what you're left with after a cutaway. With 700 jumps, have you never cut away a canopy?

Only one "chance" to land an airplane with no power? How many "chances" do you need? If landing an airplane is a matter of chance for you, you'd best not be calling others "dumb." Step back and re-think your position before you answer.

lso what DZO would like that his 206 has just been at full power to 18,000 feet (I never heard of one going that high but thats where you said you plan it from) and then it is switched off to cool rapidly. It will probably break the engine and require a rebuild or at the very least an inspection.
I have no idea. What drop zone have you flown or jumped where 206's were climbing to 18,000? You're the only one here to suggest such a thing. Why would you switch off a Cessna 206?

Perhaps you're still mumbling about the jumper who takes the key. Carry a second key. Again, not really rocket science.

A caravan at 18,000 is an every-day occurrence, which is part of the reason that a Caravan makes an excellent jump platform. It's got room, a big door,and goes right to 18,000' with no trouble at all, and beats the jumpers back down.