PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:00
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Alpineskier,

I am not defending the views of Miss M, just defending her right to make them.

Can I also make it clear, that ALL cabin crew whether they be strikers or non-strikers, are fearful of our earnings going down in the future. It is not a fear that only people like Miss M hold.

I don't think BA will leave us at home with no work, but it is a common fear, however I do fear for the future because if our fleet does get smaller, there is a future chance that we would be forced onto Mixed Fleet, if some future fight for survival happened!

Now I believe BA when they say that Mixed Fleet will grow slowly, and only be 40% by 2020, but none of us has a crystal ball and we don't know what will happen to our terms and conditions, in the future, with different management.

So this dispute is not black and white at all, and it will have far reaching affects on all BA staff, because it sets a president for all departments to have new tiers of workers brought in on inferior contracts.

So I am against the strike, and I do believe that Bassa has been scare mongering, and you can't strike about something before it has happened, but that does not mean that I am happy with what has happened nor the agreements these new crew are being worked to.

Now, I don't believe that this strike has helped us, in fact, an integrated route, as in one of the offers, that Bassa discarded, would have produced a better result and that is why I was against a strike, and I feel serious negotiation would have been better. However, we are where we are, and if debating sensibly and courteously can help Miss M understand where some of us are comming from, I don't care how long it takes.