PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute dropping
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:32
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had jumpers hang on outside and refuse to let go until I shook them off, or stalled. One afternoon for fun, a freefall photographer and I staged fights in the airplane, each time terminating with him throwing me out (I wasn't driving at the time), to the wide-eyed stares of the tandems and students. Nobody ever complained. Horny gorillas, rodeo dives, tag, it's about fun. Pilots who don't understand jumpers probably shouldn't be flying jumpers.
Yeap all good fun, but if you stalled with someone hanging on the outside you are a fuing idiot and should not be flying.

Jumpers don't usually understand flying so if someone asks you to stall with them on the outside chances are they won't know what the aircraft is actually going to do relative to them in freefall. Yes I jump with just over 700 so not an expert but if i heard that one of my friends got the pilot to stall whilst he was on the outside I would beat the **** out of him (pilot) and then make sure the DZO fired him for almost killing one of my mates.

Yes one should be able to land with the engine off but what if a jumper gets in the way of your glide approach? I have had to go around more times than I can remember because jumpers are in the way. What happens if the pilot does mess it up as everyone makes mistakes. I will tell you what, the plane will be wrecked and the pilot will be dead. Yeah that is a really great joke.

Its the same as the pilot pulling the jumpers cutaway and then pushing him out, how do you think that would go down, one chance to live. Your a complete idiot if you think this is ok and please tell me where you fly so I never go near the place.

Last edited by SloppyJoe; 4th Apr 2011 at 15:53.