PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parachute dropping
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:13
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah heard the keys out of the ignition story when I started flying jumpers 11 years ago, surprised someone actually said it happened to them, kinda brings the story into a real situation, oh wait, its an anonymous forum so actually its still BS. Maybe happened once upon a time in the US, years and years ago in some hick town with redneck jumpers but seriously doubt it happens in todays industry. Would they ever be allowed into that aircraft again after the owner realized that they basically risked his aircraft for a practical joke? Insurance would be void and they would be liable if it crashed. Sorry to pick at your post but there is another thing that I think it is not wise to do whilst flying jumpers,

during the drop you try to maintain the slowest possible speed to make the exit as comfortable as possible
You say you dropped jumpers in a 206/210 and an islander, none of them are really hammering along and thrust is more of an issue in the singles whilst they are getting out so why fly "as slow as possible" if the guy who taught you told you that fair enough you don't know any better but its best to fly at a safe speed and they can just put up with it, in a 206/210 or BN2 it would be comfortable. I have even heard tandem instructors asking a porter to go faster to give them more airflow for the exit. Obviously you are not a jumper and like others have said its a good idea to start jumping if you want to start flying jumpers and then you wont be trying to go as slow as possible in a 206/210 or islander, you will be trying to fly as safely and efficiently as possible.

bose-x: BPS or Hib?