PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC costs
Thread: AOC costs
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2011, 14:36
ME Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The initial post holder for an AOC are a Director of Operations ( who can also initially be the Chief Pilot) and a Director of Maintenance. You can look up the definitions in the FAR's but off of the top of my head, they will need to have been in management for 3 of the last 6 years. More than likely, those people have jobs already and you would have to financially entice them to come to your new start up company. If you have family members that have these qualifications to be the post holders and they are willing to leave their jobs to join your new company then you must have a lot of financial backing as they will need to be on your payroll for 6 months to one year or longer in order to get through the AOC process. There is a lot of work to do with geting all of your manuals ( GOM, GMM, SMS, Drug and Alcohol abuse, Ops Spec, etc written and aproved).

Then you have to acquire the airplane to start operations. You must have control of this aircraft so you can't borrow one. You can lease one ( but good luck trying to find a lessor who will lease to a brand new start up charter company) buy one (more cost) or finance one ( once again, it would be very difficult to find a lender who will finance a start up charter company).

Bottom line is that I think that this is a tough road to tavel and my personal opinion is that I believe that your time is better spent building time and experience.