PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA recruiting now for service pilots only.
Old 4th Apr 2011, 11:54
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear.

Paul,

You may be
just pointing out what may be an interpretation of employment law
but your interpretation is absolute hoop. I refer you again to the fact that in the last few months BA has been advertising for civvy pilots for 737 LGW, A320 LGW, A320 LHR and 747 against one ad for this specific military scheme. Why are you not concerned about the military guys who are 'discriminated against' because they are ineligable for at least four of the five schemes listed? (The answer, of course, is because there is no employment law discrimination going on here at all).

MCDU2,

I suppose you could call me one of the FR brigade. Read my posts again. Your assertion is the absolute opposite of my opinion and that of the majority of FR guys, many of whom have done very well out of BA's recent recruitment. I fully support the diversity of BA's recent recruitment drives including the RAF managed path even though I was unable to take advantage of it. It is only a small proportion of military pilots that will be able to benefit from this scheme.

Luchboxlegend,

I am well aware of the value of the benefits that go with an RAF career, but was simply trying to provide some perspective to the 'RAF are well paid' assertion. The two specific examples I compared were not random choices, if you catch my drift.

Last edited by Torque Tonight; 4th Apr 2011 at 12:17.