PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 23:21
ForkTailedDrKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Frigatebird

Chuck had a camera attached to his headset that has a much wider angle lens than mine. I think if he posts some of his video you will get a good look at the dash and interior of the "Big C"!

I think Chuck had about 30 min total in the big, round-engined Cessna on our arrival at Parafield, so I thought it would be fun to score his take-offs and landings.

He had take-offs pretty well nailed from early on, and across 7 landings he averaged 7 on a 1 - 10 scale with a range of 6 - 8. The 6 was his first landing at Parafield after giving the engineers that repaired the bird a ride. That was with an initial 10-12 kt left X-wind that became a quartering X-wind as he arrived on short final. The initial touchdown looked nice but the roll-out got a bit interesting. "Better him than me", thought I!

From what I hear, his landing back at Echuca after dropping me off at Essendon may have scored a 9 for a near perfect tail-low wheeler on the bitumen - in front of lots of pilots, included the other five C195 pilots that were present.

All up, some nice flying in what were at times quite difficult conditions.

Good one Chuck !

Dr