PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pro rotary airfields
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 21:58
johned0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most friendly I have found by a long long way was Peranporth so if you get down to Cornwall then pop into see them. I was there over a busy weekend where they had a parachuting competition, fixed wing, hang gliders and all sorts. They put the parachuting on the north, fixed wings etc on the hard runway, rotary on the south with direct approaches and then let us all enjoy ourselves. The pasties, for lunch, are hard to beat too

On the subject of Wycombe - I have always found them to be very helpful and friendly.

Avoid the airfields near Peterborough where they parachute from - those arrogant guys think they own the skies and don't even want you near their zone if the dropping plane is in the air, even if the jumpers are inside - they should visit Peranporth and see how it should be done . As someone else said - pop into Leicester instead, they are v. friendly.

Enjoy your trip.

J.

PS I should add Wellesbourne and Kemble, both do excellent breakfasts. If you do the big breakfast at Wellesbourne then be prepared to do another w&b before you depart

Last edited by johned0; 3rd Apr 2011 at 22:05. Reason: Added w-m and kemble to recommendations