PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 20:13
IsItMeUrLookin4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I appreciate you're innocently enquiring about the test paper, let me just put this out there (and to all those other posters who ask similar questions).

If candidates who have indeed taken the test paper (myself included) told you to only revise and learn pages 3, 14 and 25 because that's all that's asked about, would you just learn that?

This is a career you're applying for, and whilst inevitably, some individuals will plum for the above rather immature approach to selection, it seems quite astonishing to me that this question is even being asked.
If you're truly serious about NATS then surely you're going to read and learn and keep going over the entire booklet - whether only 2 pages are examined or not.

It seems to me if you're going to be selective in what you're prepared to learn at the first stage then you're not what NATS are looking for. I know I wouldn't want an ATCO to cut corners when handling my flight...

Just my thoughts, make of them what you will.
You're right, perhaps I should've posted a bit differently. I mainly wanted to know how the paper is actually presented and what type of answers we're supposed to be giving. i.e. do we need to answer anything in essay style? Does our own opinion need to come into it? Or is it 100% factual answers? I just wanted to gauge what the paper itself will be like so I know what to expect. Of course I wouldn't revise select bits of information, but if someone told me that you don't need to remember all the specs, for example, and only recall any two - that's the sort of thing I was implying.

I can assure you I'm taking this very seriously. I wouldn't have signed up here to enquire if I wasn't bothered. I just wanted a clearer picture of how the test will be presented.