PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL visiting the flight deck
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 19:00
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Beazlebub, the answer to your first question is no, but also notice I deliberatly chose a photo showing the backs of the heads. As for identifying the airline, kudos to SW1. Have you never been on an airliner FD ? Does that mean that the airline or country of origin is "happy to adopt poor aviation security controls and regulations ?" If the OP's wish comes true, or fabbe92 who gets to sit in the jumpseat occasionally, does that mean that, that airline and country are "happy to adopt poor aviation security controls and regulations ?"
Nobody suggested anything about an airlines with lax security. If you read my earlier post you will notice I said, only if you are a friend/personally aquainted, not just anybody, and never over UK. Any one else, its a no-no. The rules are adhered to. Local airlines security regulations are the same as any other European airlines . If its a choice between the two, I think its safer to have someone you know personally and can vouch for personally, rather that some stranger who claims to be a pilot or enthusiast. The articles pointed out by Bealzebub refer to airport and such, although its the first time I've seen such a report. There has never been a security related incident with any local airline, unlike many other European airlines.
As for ashdamans' quiery, I think thats been answered by the others. No asking beforehand, no matter how many hours you have. I'm sure Beazlebub, if you're on a BA, flight and you know that the Capt who is a friend or neighbour for 20 odd years, and comes to your home and you go to his as family friends, that if you ask him he's not going to accomodate you at time during the flight discretly.
The people with 'malevolent intentions', can go to dozens of aviation websites such airliners.net and see far more and full detailed such photos if they so intended.
Havng done magazine photo stuff in the past, and for one of the local airlines, I always remember what one Capt friend said to me once when I was taking a photo of him. He said, you know, with the current situation of no FD visits, I've never had a picture of me on the FD, and the wife has never seen a photo of me in 'the office', which made it all the more worthwhile.