PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 17:39
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by spannersatKL
....the use of M2V would also be required as the pipes were Titanium and Skydrol (ester) based fluids will cause hydrogen embrittlement in Titanium and cracking.
Thanks for that snippet of info, spanners, I'll pass it on to whom it may concern.
...I was always reminded that the design was in the best British military design tradition
Hummm, half of it was French, and I can confirm they were quite good too at the kind of design you are referring to....
My own field was the AFCS, and one of my experiences was discovering, (quite recently) that the prototype Concorde AFCS controller had obvious family relations with the one on the VC-10 (so not military).
Logical, both were designed by Elliott.
.... and training as a gynacologist would have been handy when replacing any component! Good times.
Now 40 years ago in my case, so the scars have gone, but I do know what you are talking about! And yes, good times.

Originally Posted by M2dude
M2V really was great stuff though, although now it is as rare as rocking horse excrement. (Got any spare)???
Same question here....
Concorde always leaked as a sieve... (escept at Mach 2) and still does to this day. We collect the M2V in the drip pans, filter it, and re-use it, but a few uncontaminated drums or boxes would be very gratefully received.... never mind the "Best By" date.

CJ