PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream G650 Crash - Roswell - 4 Dead
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 09:48
Nordstrom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steveb15

This may be true about the 604 program, but this is the purpose behind flight testing, to discover problems associated to design.

The 604 may have been set back, but the set backs are obstacle to get over in the certification program. Today the 604 has developed to the 605 and a number or Regional Jets developed from the some of the data I suspect.

Gulfstream will continue to move forward, as cautious as they entered the process, but with a reminder that the business they are in is subject to failure and is sometimes life threatening. not the first and sure not to be the last.

I have done multiple hours of take off and landing training in similar Gulfstreams G450 and G550 and must say several hours of this is tiring. Either way aircraft malfunction or pilot error, it's tragic.

When these things happen it touches a spot in my soul knowing that it could be anyone of us who this happened to if you are active in the profession.

They (Gulfstream ) has been at this game for decades and now with more brain trust with General Dynamics absorbing them. They will continue to make the finest corporate aircraft of it's size in the skies, no question in my mind.

The G650 will get certified and become yet another milestone for Gulfstream but not without trials, failures, and now loss of life

The nature of the beast, sad but true.