PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guns in Cockpit (Various)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2002, 17:17
WhatsaLizad?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pandora,

I would like you or anyone else knowledgable about the Middle East situation to clarify a few things before you throw out the tired statement that the US has slighted the Arab world and Muslims in general.

How many of the Palestinian refugees since 1948 have become full citizens, with voting rights and mobility equal to native born citizens, of the countries they fled to such as Kuwait ,SA, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon ect? If you could, also compare that to those who fled to the US and other groups such as the Cubans who became US citizens. Does the Arab world really "care" about the Palestinians, or is it just a" red herring" to avoid looking at their own problems?

As an American, I have gotten a little tired of the terrorist equivilation game. Continual whining that "our terrorists are the same" and "look inside yourselves Americans" is pathetic. The Isrealis started this chant right after 9/11. The little point overlooked is that the Isreali and Northern Ireland conflicts are based on outsiders moving onto land alleged to be owned by others. The U.S. wasn't forcibly building houses in Mecca or Kabul, got it? As much as I can't stand the Isreali method of assasination in a crowded apartment with a 2000 lb bomb, the Arabs seem to make them look good not long afterwards.

Pandora, after reading the opinions of the Arab world regarding 9/11, I do not care for much of it at all. In Egypt, the majority of educated citizens say the Mossad and others are responsible, and that we "deserved" 9/11. My humble response is that I do not "care" to send another dollar of money to the Egyptians (rivaling Isreal on aid), nor do I "care" for the structural integrity of the Aswan dam.