PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream G650 Crash - Roswell - 4 Dead
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 07:10
Nordstrom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy G650 airplane under test

This is a truly tragic accident, as all crashes that involve loss of life are.

After reading the thread it surprise me that some professional pilots seem to forget the inherent risks in developing new airframes. While technology has come along way since steam gauges and radial engines, and computer modeling reduces many risks in build, the fact remains that testing, building new aircraft has it's risks.

For any of us side liners who operate these aircraft on a regular basis, who think we understand the development process and engineering that goes into to this is just full of himself.

No doubt they will find what happened. There were more perameters being measured on that aircraft then normal. Gulfstream isn't playing damage control with the public or the NTSB or the FAA. Everyone in these groups (NTSB and FAA) were aware of the testing and have access to record, and info will be exchanged properly.

For those spinning this up, your a disgrace to our profession, you could barely fold a paper airplane for you kids to play with, let alone make any reasonable judgement of a new aircraft under test in what went wrong.

The world is watching and they will surely have answers to the question "why" in the near future

My condolences to all involved and to our profession on this sad day. It reminds me, and should be a reminder to all of us, that no matter how far technology comes, there are still inherent risks to flying airplanes, and our profession.