PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Policy is not law – AAT buckets CASA decision
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 04:47
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the greatest of respect LeadSled, differences aren't actually published in ICAO Docs. They're published in the Supplements to the Annexes.
My sincerest apologies to all those thousands of readers who have been looking in the wrong place for Australia's filed differences. In future I will be more careful to not use an abbreviation for a generic word, document, when it can be confused with the ICAO number series "documents".

Re. the AIP, last time I looked at the AIP differences ( or the equivalent in the Jep. text) only a small selection (possibly) relevant to day to day operations were listed.

The larger number came from within CASA ---- and I would be very hesitant to say Australia is "fully compliant" anywhere ---- speaking in a "spirit of the law" sense, rather than notional compliance.

Having said all that, when it comes to a modern approach to aviation regulation, ICAO is no shining example, being almost entirely highly prescriptive, with little of no recognition of the value of "outcome" or "performance" based regulation ---- a Government (still) and (former) CASA policy, that has gone missing completely since the departure of Bruce Byron.

Tootle pip!!