PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2011, 00:11
AV Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

I agree with you entirely that it matters not one jot what I see.

However, BA will not settle, nor has it any reason to be forced to settle, with the current BASSA leadership with its "We decide what goes on here or we'll strike" approach to working with BA management in implementing BA's IFCE operations.

The sooner that Unite and the rank-and-file CC realise this and do something to change it's WW CC branch's postion to understand that "BA's management make the operational decisions while listening carefully to CC's valuable input" then the sooner their negotiating position will improve.

I would go as far as suggesting if Unite bring BASSA under control in this way, BA would not only hand back staff travel, agree terms to protect WW fleet against MF fleet erosion (they've already offered this God knows how many times) as you have suggested and maybe, just maybe even, if the Union has good intelligent and skillful negotiators, manage to have all suspended employees reinstated or something close to this.

In order to reach the best settlement a good negotiator needs to understand the true concerns of his adversary (not always stated or obvious) and stopping thinking of this as "just a simple trade dispute" while understanding the reality that it is a "monumental power struggle that no-one is allowed to mention" will bring about the desired favourable settlement in the shortest possible time.

But then again maybe I am the only one that sees it this way!

Last edited by AV Flyer; 3rd Apr 2011 at 00:37.