PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA are recruiting pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 10:34
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't really agree with that. BA is certainly not 'completely ignoring' civvy guys. In fact after a long peiod of no recruitment, in the last few months, there have been four BA job ads for existing civvy pilots and only this one for mil guys. The requirements for these have been surprisingly low and blokes with a year of Ryr or Ezy have been in the bracket.

We're not yet at the stage where BA are looking for zero experience people and I don't think they'll ever want a dodgy far east standalone paid-for type rating with no hours beyond that.

They may both have no commercial time but you can't put military pilots in the same bracket as new flying school graduates - the military guys are experienced professional pilots with plenty of demanding flying hours behind them. BA are just being proactive in recognising this.

Finally BA recruiting some military guys is not going to 'stall the job market'. Retiring military guys have been crossing over to the civvy world all the time and have always been in competition for airline jobs, regardless of what BA have been doing. I know - I was one of them.

Just remember that ALL turnover in the jobs market is good - even that which doesn't affect you directly, because sooner or later you'll benefit from the knock-on effects.