PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industrial Action at Flybe?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 09:22
bullet190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
assymetricdrift,

I hear you, many of us including myself have first hand experience of this. When I first started I was on even a worse deal than that but I knew what i was getting into.
The point is if you had turned down the job as has been suggested above you know there would be 10 more standing behind you ready to step in your shoes....some of which were born with a silver spoon and can afford to take the hit.

The general public don't give a monkeys about any of this though, you are a pilot with a great office view so there is no sympathy for you.

Of course they are also unaware of the massive bonuses that our leaders are awarding themselves, the fact that our leader earns more than BA's leader, has just received a 1 Mil interest loan and has just treated himself to an R8 to go with the Aston Martin. The fact that our chief pilot has just received an extra 8% but feels 2% is a good deal for us, I guess he's right because we recently had a year of 0% rise to help the airline out and we should be grateful shouldn't we ?