PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2011, 08:18
Tutaewera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Runesta +1

I'm with Runesta...

Take one fairly large "Asian LCC" flying into OZ. Its had (as just one example) several runway serious excursions in the last few years, one in an A320 just a few weeks back... Yet they fly in and out of OZ with inexperienced cadets in the RHS etc. However they attract little if any press attention, let alone a senate enquiry etc. If CBR is genuinely concerned about passenger safety in OZ, perhaps they could try opening their eyes a bit wider. In my view there are far bigger worries around than JQ, QF, VB or TT.

Do I like "pay for training" schemes and LCC cost control methodologies? Hell no!
But when we allow the pollies to deregulate our aviation borders what do we expect? Do we expect JQ mgt etc to just roll over? Of course not; they will eat their own young to survive (and maintain their bonus.. ). So if we really want to get to the root cause; its plain old deregulation or dare I use that word - globalisation... Simply put if you open you doors to dodgy imports you have to become a bit dodgy yourself to keep selling your wares. Thats the real decision for senators and parliament if they want to maintain first world safety standards, not bashing one OZ airline's internal policies vs another.

IMHO it appears to have more to do with a QF union scaremongering those in CBR into saving their shrinking promotion pool, and a media hungry Senator making as much noise as he can. Rather than a genuine effort to improve Ozzie pax safety...

OK rave over...

Meantime it is interesting to see mgt put in the hot seat and squirm on the telly!